Thank you for visiting our website. The secure handling of your data is extremely important to us. In the following we therefore inform you about how your personal data is used when you visit our website.
Legal Basis for Data Processing
Article 6(1) sentence 1 lit. a GDPR serves as the legal basis for data processing for which we obtain consent for a specific processing purpose. If it is necessary to process personal data for the fulfilment of a contract to which the data subject is a party, e.g. data processing for the delivery of goods or the performance of other services or consideration, the legal basis for data processing is Article 6(1) sentence 1 lit. b GDPR. The same applies to data processing that is required for the performance of pre-contractual measures, e.g. enquiries about our products or services. If our company is subject to legal obligations that require the processing of personal data, e.g. for the fulfilment of tax obligations, the legal basis for data processing is Article 6(1) sentence 1 lit. c GDPR. In rare cases, the processing of personal data may be necessary to protect vital interests of the data subject or another natural person, Article 6(1) sentence 1 lit. d GDPR. Finally, the legal basis for data processing may be Article 6(1) sentence 1 lit. f GDPR. This is the legal basis for data processing that is not covered by any of the stated legal bases, where the data processing is necessary to safeguard the legitimate interests of our company or third party, which are not outweighed by the data subject's interests and fundamental rights and freedoms.
Personal data concerning you will not be disclosed to third parties other than for the purposes listed in the following. We only disclose your personal data to third parties if:
- you have given your express consent in accordance with Article 6(1) sentence 1 lit. a GDPR,
- the disclosure pursuant to Article 6(1) sentence 1 lit. f GDPR is necessary for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding interest worthy of protection in the non-disclosure of your data,
- in the event that there is a legal obligation to disclose the data in accordance with Article 6(1) sentence 1 lit. c GDPR, and
- if it is legally permissible and necessary for the processing of contractual relationships with you in accordance with Article 6(1) sentence 1 lit. b GDPR.
Data Subject Rights
You have the right:
- under Article 15 GDPR, to obtain access to information about data processed by us concerning you. You may especially obtain access to information about the purposes of processing, the categories of personal data concerned, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored, the existence of the right to request rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or to object to such processing, the right to lodge a complaint, the source of the data if the data was not collected by us and about the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, and meaningful information about specifics;
- under Article 16 GDPR, to obtain without undue delay the rectification or completion of personal data stored by us concerning you;
- under Article 17 GDPR, to obtain the erasure of personal data stored by us concerning you, unless processing is necessary to exercise the right of freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- under Article 18 GDPR, to obtain the restriction of processing of personal data concerning you if you contest the accuracy of the personal data, the processing is unlawful, but you oppose the erasure of the data and we no longer need the data, but the data is required by you for the establishment, exercise or defence against legal claims or if you, under Article 21 GDPR, object to the processing;
- under Article 20 GDPR, to receive in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format the personal data you provided to us or to have us transmit this data to another controller;
- under Article 7(3) GDPR, to withdraw any consent granted to us at any time. As a consequence, we will not be allowed to continue data processing based on this consent in the future
- under Article 77 GDPR, to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy. You may generally lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority for your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement if you consider that the processing of personal data concerning you infringes the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Right of Access, Right to Rectification, Restriction, Erasure, Right to Object
At your written request, we will inform you about the personal data we have stored about you. You also have the right to obtain the rectification, restriction, or erasure of this data or to object to its storage. The request should be sent to the address provided in the Legal Notice on our website.
Right of Withdrawal
If personal data concerning you is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests you have the right, under Article 21 GDPR, to object to the processing of personal data concerning you on grounds relating to your particular situation or to object to processing for direct marketing purposes. In the latter case you have a general right of objection, which will be implemented by us without the need for you to specify a particular situation. If you would like to exercise your right to withdraw your consent or to object, an email to the address provided in the Legal Notice on our website will suffice.
Your selection was saved!
To continue, you must make a cookie selection. Below is an explanation of the different options and their meaning.
- Accept all cookies:
All cookies such as tracking and analytics cookies.
- Accept first-party cookies only:
Only cookies from this website.
- Reject all cookies:
No cookies except for those necessary for technical reasons are set. Borlabs Cookie already set a necessary cookie.
General Data Collection
When you access our website or retrieve a file, data about this process is stored in a log file on our web server. The following data may especially be stored:
- your IP address (where possible, this will be stored in anonymised form)
- the domain name of the website you came from
- the names of the retrieved files
- the date and time of retrieval
- the name of your Internet Service Provider
- as well as the operating system and browser version of your end device, if applicable
We only store IP addresses for reasons of data security, to ensure the stability and security of our system (legal basis: Article 6(1) sentence 1 lit. f GDPR). We reserve the right to statistically evaluate anonymous data records.
We only send newsletters with promotional information with the consent of the recipients or on the basis of a legal permission.
Subscription to our newsletter involves a double opt-in procedure: Once you have subscribed you will receive an email in which you will be asked to confirm your subscription.
This confirmation is required to verify that you are the owner of the email address.
Your newsletter subscription will be recorded for the purpose of proving that you have subscribed in accordance with the legal requirements.
This includes the storage of the subscription and confirmation times as well as your IP address. Likewise, other data that you enter when subscribing to the newsletter will be saved.
With the exception of your email address, we only use your information, for example your name, to personalise the newsletter.
You can cancel your subscription to the newsletter at any time. You will find a link to cancel your subscription in every newsletter email.
If you send us enquiries using our contact form, the details you enter in the enquiry form, including the contact data you provide there, will be stored and processed by us for the purpose of processing the enquiry and in the event of follow-up questions. Your data will be used exclusively for the purpose of answering and processing your question. Here, data processing is performed in accordance with Article 6(1) sentence 1 lit. a GDPR on the basis of your voluntarily granted consent. You can object to this at any time (right of withdrawal).
Right to Data Portability
You have the right to receive the personal data concerning you that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
Right to Lodge a Complaint with a Supervisory Authority
Without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, every data subject shall have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of his or her habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement, if the data subject considers that the processing of personal data relating to him or her infringes the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Confidentiality of your Customer Access
If you have been granted access to a protected area of our website which is secured by a password, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share the password with anyone.
Links to other Websites
Our website/app may from time to time contain links to third-party websites or to other websites of our own. If you follow a link to one of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not assume any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please review these privacy policies before submitting personal information to these sites.
Links to Third-Party Websites
This website includes links to third-party websites. Data will only be transmitted to the link destination when you click on a link. This is technically necessary. The data that will be transmitted especially includes: Your IP address, the time at which you clicked the link, the page on which you clicked the link, information about your internet browser. If you do not want this data to be transmitted to the link destination, do not click the link.
You can prevent Google Analytics from collecting your data by clicking on the following link. This will set a so-called opt-out cookie, which prevents the future collection of your data when you visit this website: Deactivate Google Analytics
The design of this page uses the font Font Awesome. When you open a page, your browser loads this font. Your IP address and the page (internet address) you visited will be sent to NetDNA, LLC (3575 Cahuenga Blvd. West, Suite 330, Los Angeles, CA 90068, USA). You can find further information under https://www.maxcdn.com/legal/#privacy.
Use of Facebook Visitor Access Statistics
Facebook has subjected itself to the EU-US Privacy Shield agreement and is certified accordingly. This obligates Facebook to comply with European data protection standards and regulations. You can find further information about this here.
Google Tag Manager
We use the Google Tag Manager provided by Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA ("Google"). Google Tag Manager is a cookie-less domain and does not collect any personal data. The tool triggers other components, which in turn may collect data. Google Tag Manager does not access this data. A deactivation at domain or cookie level will apply to all tracking tags implemented with Google Tag Manager.
ShareThis Social Media Features
We use the service ShareThis on our website, which is provided by ShareThis Inc., 250 Cambridge Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94306, USA ("ShareThis"). ShareThis provides functions that allow the current page to be shared with other internet users, in social networks for example, or to set bookmarks. If you use a ShareThis service, your internet browser will establish a direct connection to the ShareThis servers and, if applicable, to the chosen social network. The resulting data (such as time of use or browser language) is transferred to ShareThis and processed there. ShareThis can assign you to your user accounts with other social networks such as Twitter, Facebook or Google+ if you are logged in to the respective social network at the time of your visit to our website. If you want to prevent this, please log out of social networks before using ShareThis features.
We have embedded YouTube videos on our website, which are stored on the servers of the provider, YouTube, and can be played on our website through embedding. The videos are embedded with the option for advanced privacy settings enabled. When you play these videos, YouTube cookies and DoubleClick cookies are stored on your computer and may transfer data to Google Inc, Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA, as YouTube’s operator.
When playing videos stored on YouTube, at least the following information is currently transmitted to Google Inc. as YouTube’s operator and the operator of the DoubleClick network: IP address and cookie, the specific address of the page on our site you visited, system date and time of the visit, identification of your browser.
The transmission of this data takes place regardless of whether you have a Google user account through which you are logged in or whether you do not have a user account. If you are logged in, Google may assign this information directly to your account. If you do not want the video to be assigned to your profile, you will need to log out before activating the play button for the video.
YouTube and Google Inc. store this data as user profiles and use them for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or the needs-based design of their websites. This evaluation is carried out in particular (also for non-registered users) for the purpose of providing needs-based advertising and to inform other users about your activities on our website. You have a right to object to the creation of these user profiles. To exercise this right you must contact Google as the operator of YouTube.
Further information on the purposes & scope of data collection and its processing by Google can be found on this information page.
We secure our website and other IT systems against the loss, destruction, unauthorised access, unauthorised modification or unauthorised distribution of your data by means of suitable technical and organisational measures. However, despite all due care, complete protection against all risks is not always possible. Because we cannot guarantee complete data security when communicating by email, we recommend that confidential information be sent by post.