- GPS Gateway Possible applications/system configuration
- GPS Gateway was specifically developed for use on locomotives, in consideration of the high electro-mechanical and electro-magnetic requirements.
- System solution for locating locomotives, used for energy-saving travel behavior.
- The system consists of a module rack, a DCDC inverter, a GPS unit, and a processor system.
- The rugged, rail system approved module rack is equipped with a backplane to accept system modules.
- Cables are routed to the system modules from the front via connectors in the front panels.
- GPS Gateway provides verified position data. The received GPS data are validated, analyzed, screened for errors, and then forwarded to external control systems.
- GPS Gateway is equipped with a high-performance 50 channel GPS receiver that receives satellite signals via a GPS antenna on the locomotive.
- The integrated processor system filters and screens data using several plausibility checks. These software filters ensure that GPS data are provided at a consistent quality (no inaccurate or incorrect data). This ensures smooth processing on downstream systems.
- Data is forwarded to external systems via standard interfaces (RD 422-1 to -3).
- A service interface (RS-232) allows functions on the GPS module to be configured for the respective application.
- The power supply is ensured by a performance-optimized DCDC inverter that already has proven in the drive control of the ICE trains.